If you are a music enthusiast, you have stumbled upon Instagram reels that feature catchy tunes. Instagram reels, a feature that allows users to create 15-second videos, has become a phenomenon among social media enthusiasts. And with over one billion active users on Instagram, it’s no wonder why musicians and music fans alike have been using the platform to showcase their favorite tunes.
In this article, we will explore the most trending songs on Instagram reels, how they are discovered, and how they are used on the platform.
Instagram reels are short, 15-second videos typically set to music or other audio tracks. They are created and shared by users on the platform and can be discovered via the Explore page, hashtags, or by searching for specific accounts.
Reels can be created using various features such as filters, effects, and video editing tools. Once created, they can be shared on Instagram stories, a user’s profile, or sent as direct messages.
1. Enhance Engagement and Entertainment
Using Instagram reel songs can help you make your videos more engaging and entertaining for your audience. Music can evoke emotions and add to the overall mood of the video, making it more enjoyable for viewers to watch.
2. Keep Up With Current Trends
Using popular songs in your reels, you can tap into current trends and viral challenges. This can increase your content’s reach and engagement as more users may search for or create content around that particular song or trend.
3. Improve Search Results
Using popular songs in your reels can also improve your content’s discoverability. When users search for a particular song on Instagram, reels that use that song may appear in the search results, exposing your content to new viewers.
4. Create Original Viral Content
Instagram users can also create and share their original audio content, which can become viral and widely used. This can increase exposure and recognition for the user, potentially leading to more followers and engagement.
Hip-hop has always been popular on Instagram Reels. Here are the top hip-hop songs that are trending on Instagram Reels:
- “Off the Grid” by Kanye West ft. Playboi Carti & Fivio Foreign
- “Stay” by The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber
- “Industry Baby” by Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow
- “Need To Know” by Doja Cat
- “Rumors” by Lizzo ft. Cardi B
Pop songs are always popular on Instagram Reels. Here are the top pop songs that are trending on Instagram Reels:
- “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Call Me By Your Name (Montero)” by Lil Nas X
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby
- “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat featuring SZA
- “Deja Vu” by Olivia Rodrigo
EDM is a genre that has gained popularity on Instagram Reels. Here are the top EDM songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Adrenaline” by ILLENIUM ft. Bahari
- “Lost Cause” by Kaskade ft. NERVO & Kimliya
- “The Business” by Tiësto
- “Runaway” by Matisse & Sadko ft. Alex Aris
- “Chemicals” by Martin Garrix ft. Tove Lo
Country music has always been popular in the United States, and Instagram Reels is no exception. Here are the top country songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Good Time” by Niko Moon
- “Breaking Up Was Easy In The 90s” by Sam Hunt
- “Ellen King and Miranda Lambert – Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)”
- “Gone” by Dierks Bentley
- “Single Saturday Night” by Cole Swindell
Rock music has always had a passionate following, and Instagram Reels is no exception. Here are the top rock songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “My Blood” by Twenty-One Pilots
- “The Adults Are Talking” by The Strokes
- “Can’t Stop” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath
- “Somebody Told Me” by The Killers
Latin music has grown in popularity recently, and Instagram Reels are no exception. Here are the top Latin songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Mi Niña” by Los Legendarios, Wisin & Myke Towers
- “Pepas” by Farruko
- “Baila Conmigo(Lets dance with me)” by Selena Gomez & Rauw Alejandro
- “Mala” by J Balvin
- “Machu Picchu” by Camilo & Evaluna Montaner
R&B has always been popular, and Instagram Reels is no exception. Here are the top R&B songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson . Paak) – Leave the door open
- “Heartbreak Anniversary” by Giveon
- “Damage” by H.E.R.
- “Essence” by WizKid ft. Terms
- “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd & Ariana Grande
Indie music has a loyal following, and Instagram Reels is no exception. Here are the top indie songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Electric Love” by BØRNS
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “The Adults Are Talking” by The Strokes
- “Good Days” by SZA
- “Cherry Flavoured” by The Neighbourhood
Bollywood music has always been popular in India, and Instagram Reels are no exception. Here are the top Bollywood songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Lut Gaye” by Jubin Nautiyal ft. Emraan Hashmi
- “Dil Ko Karaar Aaya” by Neha Kakkar & Yasser Desai
- “Bhula Dunga” by Darshan Raval ft. Sidharth Shukla & Shehnaaz Gill
- “Shor Machega” by Yo Yo Honey Singh ft. Hommie Dilliwala
- “Panghat” by Asees Kaur, Divya Kumar & Sachin-Jigar
K-pop has a massive following worldwide, and Instagram Reels is no exception. Here are the top K-pop songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Butter” by BTS
- “Don’t Fight The Feeling” by EXO
- “Dynamite” by BTS
- “LILAC” by IU
- “Not Shy” by ITZY
Classical music has a timeless quality that Instagram Reels users appreciate. Here are the top classical songs that are trending on Instagram Reels in 2023:
- “Canon in D” by Johann Pachelbel
- “Moonlight Sonata” by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Für Elise” by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Ave Maria” by Franz Sch
Instagram reels are an excellent way to discover new and trending songs. When a user creates a reel, they can choose to add music to it from the platform’s vast library of songs. These songs are organized by genre, mood, and popularity, making it easy for users to find the perfect tune for their video.
Furthermore, the Explore page on Instagram features a “Reels” section, showcasing the platform’s most popular and trending reels. Users can browse through these reels and discover new songs and artists.
Trending songs on Instagram reels are used in a variety of ways. Some users create videos that showcase their dance moves, lip-syncing skills, or creative transitions. Others use the platform to showcase their music, with musicians and artists using Instagram reels to promote their latest tracks and albums.
Music is an essential part of Instagram Reels, and in 2023, users can expect to see a diverse range of songs and genres trending on the platform. From pop and rock to Latin and K-pop, there is something for everyone on Instagram Reels. By staying up-to-date with the latest trends and using popular songs in your Reels, you can increase your chances of reaching a wider audience and growing your following on the platform.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I use copyrighted music in my Instagram Reels?
It’s best to use royalty-free music or obtain licenses for copyrighted music to avoid legal issues.
How can I find popular songs to use in my Instagram Reels?
You can check the Instagram Reels music library or browse popular playlists on music streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music.
What is the most used audio on Reels?
‘As it Was’ by Harry Styles is currently the most widely used audio on Reels, with over 3.4 million uses. Following closely behind is the ‘Wait a Minute’ (Remix) by DJ Exe, which has been used in over 1.3 million Instagram Reels.
Do I need to use popular songs to be successful on Instagram Reels?
No, using popular songs isn’t the only way to succeed on Instagram Reels. Creating unique and engaging content is just as important.
Are there any restrictions on using music in Instagram Reels?
Yes, there are some restrictions on using music in Instagram Reels. For example, some songs may not be available in certain regions, and Instagram may remove Reels that contain copyrighted music.
What’s the best way to promote my music on Instagram?
To promote music on Instagram, use Instagram Reels and IGTV, use relevant hashtags, collaborate with other users, engage with your followers, and run targeted ads.
Can I monetize my Instagram Reels if I use copyrighted music?
It depends on the specific circumstances and whether you have obtained the necessary licenses for the music. It’s best to consult a legal professional to ensure you’re not infringing on anyone’s rights.
He is a marketing yet SEO specialist and holds experience living in a big Town. When earning a degree, he began utilizing his marketing skills such as SEO for the various big brands in the market. Whether it’s clothing, gaming, or any other industry, Usman is naturally curious to hunt out hidden gems and share them with different marketers. Moreover, he helps different websites to rank easily through his powerful skills. Powerfully opinionative, he likes to discuss topics inside the business with others. A Nintendo critic and proponent, his favorite console is the GameCube. Additionally to managing the SEO for Insta Reels Guides, he creates videos for his Instagram account as well.